Golf coolers are designed to keep your drinks cold and your snacks fresh while you’re on the course. These models are not overly large, and they’re not capable of keeping your drinks cold for days, but what they lose in capacity and efficiency, they make up in design.
The best golf coolers are small and compact, and they will fit right into your golf bag’s side pocket. If you don’t use a large golf bag and use a cart one instead, you can attach these coolers to your bag using clips instead of carrying them separately.
In the following article, we take a look at the best coolers you can use for golfing and examine the features that make them suitable for this sport.
Without further ado, let’s check out the top golfing coolers available on the market now.
Best Golf Cooler Reviews
- Coleman Can Cooler Sleeve
- Material : Nylon fabric
- Capacity: 6 Cans
- Ice Retention : Several hours
- Dimensions : 3.4 x 28.4 x 0.4"
- Weight : 5.6 ounces
- Stealth Golf Cooler
- Material : Sturdy material
- Capacity: 7 12oz cans
- Ice Retention : up to 5 hours
- Dimensions : 14 x 8.5 x 4"
- Weight : 8.8 ounces
- OAGear Golf Cooler
- Material :Leather like
- Capacity: up to 8 cans
- Ice Retention : Several hours
- Dimensions : 9 x 7 x 13"
- Weight : 2.50 LBS
- Caddy Daddy Golf Cooler
- Material : Nylon
- Capacity: 6 cans
- Ice Retention : 3 - 5 hours
- Dimensions : 16.1 x 6.3 x 2.4"
- Weight : 1 lb, 8 oz
- Geckobrands Hideaway Cooler
- Material : Polyester
- Capacity: 9 cans
- Ice Retention : up to 7 hours
- Dimensions : 7 x 3.5 x 16.5"
- Weight : 8 ounces
- Intech Golf Cooler
- Material : N / A
- Capacity: 10 12oz cans
- Ice Retention : Several hours
- Dimensions : 12 x 9 x 7"
- Weight : 1.6 pounds
1. Coleman Can Cooler SleeveWe start off this list by presenting the cheapest solution to keeping your drinks cold when you’re on the golf course. The Coleman can sleeve cooler is made out of a durable nylon fabric and it can hold up to six beer cans.
Now, even though the sleeve can hold six cans of drinks, it would be better to pack only five along with a thin gel ice pack to keep them cold for the day. Even if you don’t want to pack an ice pack, this cooler will keep your drinks cold for several hours, making your golf game more enjoyable. However, you should make sure to pack very cool drink cans if you don’t want to use an ice pack.
We liked that this cooler sleeve can fit well in a golf bag. You can open the sleeve on either side thanks to its dual zippers design, allowing you quick access to your drinks.
- Fits In The Golf Bag – This cooler fits perfectly into a golf bag, so you don’t have to carry it separately.
- Narrow – The zippered opening can be narrow, so people with big hands might find it difficult to reach into the sleeve.
2. Stealth Golf CoolerThe Stealth Golf cooler is one of the most popular models among golfing enthusiasts. This model fits up to 7 12oz cans with some gel ice packs, and it will keep your drinks cold for up to 5 hours or more, depending on the ambient temperature.
We liked that this model is really portable. First of all, the cooler is small enough to fit the side pocket of a large golf bag. If you only have a junior bag, you can attach the cooler to it using two attachment points. This means you’ll never have to carry your drinks’ cooler separately any longer.
The cooler has a durable construction, but you shouldn’t try to force more drinks in it than it can handle, as that can lead to rips and tears, especially around the zipper’s stitching.
- Good Portability – The cooler offers you multiple carrying solutions. You can either carry it using the shoulder strap, attach it to your golf bag, or place it inside one of the golf bag’s pockets.
- Zipper’s Stitching Is Fragile – The zipper’s stitching seems to be one of the cooler’s weak points, so make sure you don’t try to force it closed.
3. OAGear Golf CoolerThe OAGear golf cooler is a small yet surprisingly spacious model. This model can fit up to 8 cans of drinks, and it can keep them cold for several hours.
One of the things that impressed us about this model is its functionality. The main compartment is large enough to fit up to 8 cans, but the side pockets are also spacious. You can easily pack some sandwiches or snacks in the side compartment, or maybe some accessories you think would be useful on the golf course.
The cooler bag is lightweight and highly portable. This model comes with an adjustable shoulder strap, and it can also be attached to your golf cart or bag. And since this model looks like any other regular bag, you will be able to use it even on the courses that don’t allow personal coolers.
- Spacious – This model offers good storage space. Some customers claim they’ve been able to fit 12 cans of drinks in it.
- Inner Liner Is Flimsy – Even though this is a very good cooler, you should be careful when you load and unload it because the inner liner is flimsy and it tears easily.
4. Caddy Daddy Golf CoolerThe Caddy Daffy golf cooler is specially designed to fit in your golf bag’s side pocket and to save you money on the golf course. As an added bonus, each cooler comes with a reusable ice pack, so you can start using the cooler right out of the box.
Even though this cooler is advertised as being able to fit 6 16oz cans of drinks, you won’t be able to pack more than 5 into it, and that if you insert them at a slight angle. However, if you only pack 5 cans, the cooler will also accommodate the included ice pack, so it will keep the cans cool for longer.
Thanks to its design and well-thought dimensions, this cooler will fit in most large golf bags, so you will be able to take it with you on the golf course. However, packing the cooler in your golf bag will significantly increase its weight, so you might want to carry it by cart rather than over your shoulder.
- Good Value – This cooler comes at a decent price and it still manages to perform well, making it a valuable item
- Doesn’t Fit 6 Cans – Even though this model is advertised as a 6-can cooler, it will only be able to accommodate 5.
5. Geckobrands 9-Can CoolerThe Geckobrands 9-can cooler can fit most large golf bags, and it will allow you to sneak drinks on golf courses that prohibit the use of personal coolers. This model will fit your golf bag’s side pocket, and it comes with a 2-way zipper, providing easy access to the drinks inside.
One of the things we appreciated about this cooler is that it can actually fit 9 cans of drinks and some ice packs to keep them cool. This will allow you to have easy access to the drinks on the entire golf course. If you don’t use a large golf bag and you use a cart bag instead, you will be able to pack only 5 cans and some ice if you want to pack the cooler in the bag.
As far as the cooler’s efficiency is concerned, this model is capable of keeping your drinks cold for up to 7 hours if you pack enough ice, which is more than enough to complete a golf course for most enthusiasts.
- Good Storage Capacity – This model is pretty large, and it’s capable of holding up to 9 cans of drinks
- Leaks – This cooler leaks, so make sure you use ice packs instead of regular ice to keep your drinks cold.
6. Intech Golf CoolerThe Intech golf cooler is the perfect solution for those who like keeping their drinks cold and their golf accessories in good order. This model offers an ample storage space, and it comes with multiple pockets that allow you to arrange your accessories for an easier access.
One of the things we liked about this model is that it’s very convenient to use. The insulated compartment is large enough to hold up to 10 12oz cans, and the front and side pockets are spacious as well. The side pocket is zippered, and it’s perfect for holding your golf balls or other accessories, and the front pockets are large enough to accommodate a smartphone. The front of the cooler features a tee storage strap, and it can hold up to 6 tees.
The cooler is portable, and you can fit it in your golf cart’s tray or attach it to your golf bag. Of course, you can also carry the bag using the shoulder strap or the carry handle.
- Tee Strap – The tee strap is a nice addition, and it can really be helpful on the golf course.
- Clips Could Be Better – This cooler can be attached to your golf bag, but the attach clips seem flimsy and they might not hold the cooler’s weight when it’s loaded.
10 Features To Look For In A Golf Cooler
Using a golf cooler can be very helpful when you’re on the course. First of all, a golf cooler will keep your drinks cold, allowing you to stay hydrated at all times. Second, a golf cooler will save you money by allowing you to bring your own drinks even on the courses that have strict policies against such matters. Let’s take a look at some of the features that make a cooler suitable for golf.
- Stealth – When you’re looking for a cooler to take with you on the golf course, make sure you consider how you might sneak it onto a course if you had to. More and more golf courses around the country are banning coolers and trying to push their own products. From a business perspective this makes sense because they want to major their profits, but why should you pay more than you have to for drinks? Sneaking in a cooler can actually save you a lot of money if you golf often.
- Cost-Effective – Golf can be a really expensive sport, and buying drinks and food from the course can seriously affect your wallet. One of the best ways to save money when you’re golfing is to use a cooler to pack what you should eat while golfing.
- Lightweight – You can’t bring a steel cooler when you’re golfing, it’s way too heavy for your needs. Just imagine having to carry such a cooler to the 18th hole in the sun. It would be excruciating. Golf coolers have to be lightweight if they’re to be effective.
- Compact – Golf coolers have to be compact. Unlike marine coolers, these models are not designed to keep your food and drinks cold for days on end, so they don’t have to be overly large. Moreover, these models should be easy to hide when necessary, so it’s better to find models that are small and compact
- Good Storage Capacity – Even though most golf clubs don’t encourage the players to consume beer on the courses, some of them seek to sell beer themselves. Well, if you like beer, a golf cooler can really lower your expenses on the course. Most models are large enough to accommodate a six-pack, but some models can even hold up to 10 cans.
- Space For Accessories – Some models like the Intech Golf Cooler offer plenty of storage space for your accessories besides holding your drinks. Even though most people use a golf bag on the course, having more space to keep your balls, tees, and other accessories is never a bad thing.
- Durable – Just like the beach and fishing coolers, golf coolers have to be durable. You don’t use these coolers every day, and you might not use them for a whole season, so there’s no point in buying a new cooler every year, is it? If you manage to find a durable golf cooler, you’ll be able to use it for years on end.
- Portability – Everybody knows that golf carts can be expensive, but even renting one can harm your savings. If you want to save some bucks, you’d better be ready to walk your way over the course. When you use a highly portable golf cooler, walking is never a problem, and you also keep your food and drinks cold. You can carry these models over your shoulders or you can attach them to your golf bag, making them very comfortable to carry.
- Good Cooling Capacity – Golf courses can be long, and you might have to spend several hours to complete them. If you want to enjoy a cold one at any point during the day, it’s necessary to find a cooler that offers a good cooling capacity. Keep in mind that these cooler’s don’t have to be as efficient as rotomolded models, but they still have to keep your drinks cold for several hours. Using such a model will help you stay cool on the golf course.
- Secure – You don’t want your drinks and accessories to spill out over the course when you take out a club from your golf bag, do you? Well, good golf coolers come with secure pockets to minimize the chances of that happening. These models use either Velcro patches or zippers to keep their contents from falling when you move the bag.
- How Much Should I Spend On A Golf Cooler?
You should decide on a budget according to your needs. If you go to a golf course frequently, you might want to invest in a model that’s more durable. Golf coolers are generally not expensive, so even the best models won’t make a dent in your savings.
- My Golf Cooler Leaks. What Should I Do?
Golf coolers are not designed to be leak-proof. Sure, they have a leak-proof lining, but once the water reaches the stitches near the zippers, it will definitely leak. You can handle this in two ways. You can either use ice packs instead of ice, or you can make sure the cooler stays in an upright position. The first might come easier than the latter.
- Can A Golf Cooler Keep My Drinks Cold For The Entire Course?
Even though golf coolers are not as good at maintaining a cool temperature as other models, they will still keep your drinks cold for several hours. Some models can even keep your drinks cold for 7 hours or more. Now, it’s up to you to complete the course in that time.
Best Golf Bag Coolers Comparison Chart
|Coleman Can Cooler Sleeve||Nylon fabric||6 Cans||Several hours||3.4 x 28.4 x 0.4"||5.6 ounces|
|Stealth Golf Cooler||Sturdy material||7 12oz cans||up to 5 hours||14 x 8.5 x 4"||8.8 ounces|
|OAGear Golf Cooler||Leather like||up to 8 cans||Several hours||9 x 7 x 13"||2.50 LBS|
|Caddy Daddy Golf Cooler||Nylon||6 cans||3 - 5 hours||16.1 x 6.3 x 2.4"||1 lb, 8 oz|
|Geckobrands Hideaway Cooler||Polyester||9 cans||up to 7 hours||7 x 3.5 x 16.5"||8 ounces|
|Intech Golf Cooler||N / A||10 12oz cans||Several hours||12 x 9 x 7"||1.6 pounds|
As you could see in our short reviews, even though they might have different designs, the best golf coolers have something in common. They’re inconspicuous. Since most golf courses frown upon bringing your own food and drinks to the course, golf coolers’ manufacturers found ingenious ways to design and produce their models in such ways as to pass undetected.
Using a golf cooler will not only ensure you will stay hydrated throughout the day, but they will also save you money in the process. By providing you the storage space for drinks and snacks, these coolers will allow you to decline the beverages offered by the golf courses’ cart rollers.