- 1 Best Coolers with Speakers
- 2 Advantages And Disadvantages Of Speaker Coolers
- 3 When Should You Use A Speaker Cooler?
- 4 BEST COOLERS WITH SPEAKERS COMPARISON CHART
- 5 Wrap Up
Coolers with built-in speakers are gaining in popularity, and that shouldn’t be surprising. With today’s technology, everything is portable and connectable, so why should coolers be the exception? Speaker coolers are Bluetooth-compatible, so they will connect with your gadgets quickly and securely, and they will play music at a better quality than your phone or tablet. But can these coolers really be used for outdoor parties?
Of course, they can. Sure, not even the best cooler with speakers will produce a sound loud enough to be heard by a couple hundred people, but they will be loud enough for smaller groups. Moreover, these units also offer decent storage compartments, so they will keep the whole groups’ drinks cold.
In the following article, we take a look at the top 6 speaker coolers currently available on the market and we examine the advantages and disadvantages of using them.
Best Coolers with Speakers
- Bellino Bluetooth Cooler
- Price : $
- Made : 600D polyester
- Capacity: up to 24 cans
- Dimensions : 7.5 x 11.5 x 12"
- Weight : 4 pounds
- Coolest Cooler Speaker Cooler
- Price : $$$$$
- Made : Stainless Steel Axle and Hinges / Aluminum Telescoping Handle
- Capacity: 55 Quart
- Dimensions : 24 x 19 x 17"
- Weight : 29 pounds
- Tunes2Go Portable Speaker Cooler
- Price : $$$$
- Made : Heavy-duty wheels, long telescoping handle
- Capacity: 48 cans
- Dimensions : 26.2 x 18.5 x 19"
- Weight : 31.6 pounds
- Recoil Audio Cooler
- Price : $$$
- Made : Built-in leak-resistant drain / Molded-in cup and phone holders
- Capacity: 48 cans
- Dimensions : 22 x 19.5 x 14.5"
- Weight : 20 pounds
- Arctic Zone Speaker Cooler
- Price : $$
- Made : Deep Freeze® high performance insulation
- Capacity: up to 24 cans
- Dimensions : 12 x 10.5 x 15"
- Weight : 1.9 pounds
- BREKX Party Cooler
- Price : $$$
- Made : Stainless steel
- Capacity: up to 40 cans
- Dimensions : 22 x 18 x 17"
- Weight : 22 pounds
1. Bellino Bluetooth CoolerThe Bellino speaker cooler is the cheapest model in our list, but it’s a very good model, especially if you factor in the price.
This speaker cooler is made out of durable 600d polyester which is somewhat soft to the touch, and it offers a good storage capacity. The insulated chamber is large enough to fit up to 24 cans of beverage along with the ice that keeps them cool.
As far as the cooler’s effectiveness is concerned, the Bellino will keep your food and drinks cold for up to 8 – 12 hours, depending on the ambient temperature.
Now, we can’t talk about a speaker cooler without mentioning the sound. First of all, this cooler uses 4 AA batteries for power, and the batteries are not included. The cooler is Bluetooth compatible, and it will detect your smartphone or tablet if they’re within 30 meters from it. The cooler connects quickly to your device, without any connectivity issues.
The cooler’s sound quality is pretty good, but the speakers don’t produce anything resembling bass, which can change a song completely.
- Price – The cooler comes at a great price
- No Bass – This speaker cooler doesn’t produce any bass, so your songs will seem different.
2. Coolest Cooler Speaker CoolerThe speaker cooler produced by Coolest Cooler is probably one of the most popular coolers that come with speakers available on the market. More than 62,000 people backed this product in its development phases, and now the cooler is available for all.
One of the things we liked about this cooler is that it’s an all-you-need product for an outdoor party. The cooler incorporates a blender that will crush ice, making it more suitable for drinks, it’s Bluetooth compatible, and the sound quality is really good. Moreover, the cooler is spacious, and it will hold up to 40 cans of beverage along with plenty of ice.
As far as the sound goes, this unit does an excellent job at rendering any song in high-quality. The sound is crisp and clear, and the volume is good enough to be heard in a decent-sized area.
The cooler is powered by a rechargeable Lithium battery, and it comes with a USB charging port. The battery lifespan depends on how often you use the blender, how loud the music is, and so forth, so we can’t say exactly how long it lasts.
- Full Package – This cooler comes with a cutting board, ice blender, speakers, wheels, and plenty of storage space. Everything you need from a party cooler
- Prohibitive Price – Even though this is a popular speaker cooler, it does come at a steep price.
3. Tunes2Go Portable Speaker CoolerAnother popular speaker cooler, the Tunes2Go KoolMAX comes in a good variety of colors and it provides a nice sound quality. This model uses 2 built-in speakers and 2 tweeters, so you should expect a better sound quality than what you get from other models.
What impressed us about this cooler was its versatility. The cooler has an SD card slot, it can connect to your gadgets via Bluetooth, but you can also connect to it via a microphone plug-in slot so you can use it as a karaoke machine or a guitar speaker. Thanks to the cooler’s large capacity battery, you can also use it to recharge your gadgets when necessary.
The cooler comes with a built-in rechargeable battery that can last up to 16 hours of continuous use, but you can also connect it to an electrical outlet using a 12-volt outlet plug. The cooler’s sound quality is really good, and it can actually be on par with a simple sound system.
This model comes with remote control. However, the remote only works in a short range and you have to point it to the cooler’s control panel, so it’s not really helpful.
As far as the cooler effectiveness is concerned, this model can keep the ice from melting for up to 2 or 3 days, depending on the ambient temperature.
- Good Cooling Capacity – This model will keep the ice from melting for a long time.
- Radio Could Be Better – This device comes with a built-in radio, but it won’t memorize your preferences and it has a poor reception.
4. Recoil Audio CoolerThe Recoil Echo Pro cooler is a sturdy model that offers an ample storage compartment and high-quality speakers. This unit comes with a built-in battery that acts as a power bank and it can be recharged using two USB cables or a 2.1A one.
One of the things we liked about this model is that it’s water resistant. Not only does this mean it will handle itself nicely in bad weather, but this also makes it suitable for beach going, pool parties, and more. The cooler can also double as a seat, and it will support weights of up to 250 lbs.
This cooler can hold up to 48 cans of beverage beside the ice it needs to cool them down, and it will keep your drinks cold for up to a day. Thanks to the sturdy wheels it comes with, the cooler will handle rough or sandy terrain without any problems.
As far as the audio performance is concerned, this model has a sound output of 250 Watts, and it can produce up to 100 dB of sound. The 6.5” speaker produces a clean sound, albeit without adding too much bass to the songs.
- Loud – This cooler produces a loud sound, so it can be used for parties with good results.
- Pricey – Even though this is a good speaker cooler, it’s pricey.
5. Arctic Zone Speaker CoolerThe Arctic Zone speaker cooler is a good model that comes at a reasonable price. This unit offers a storage capacity of 24 cans, and it uses two Bluetooth-compatible speakers to produce a high-quality sound.
This model impressed us with its effectiveness. The cooler itself is not overly large, being capable of holding only 24 cans of beverage beside the ice it needs to keep them cool, but it’s highly effective. The cooler can keep your drinks cold for up to two days if you pack enough ice, so you can keep partying through the night.
The speakers produce a clear and loud sound. The Bluetooth range is not overly large, but decent nonetheless. However, the speakers’ battery lifespan is somewhat disappointing. You will only get up to 4 hours of sound if you listen to music at the medium level and only up to 3 hours at the maximum one. Thankfully, the speakers use rechargeable batteries for power, so you can recharge them between uses.
- Good Sound Quality – The Bluetooth-compatible speakers produce a good sound quality
- Battery Could Be Better – You can only use the speakers for up to 4 hours, which is rather short.
6. BREKX Party CoolerWe complete our list with one of the best speaker coolers currently available on the market. The BREKX cooler is made out of steel, so it’s more durable than the models we presented so far. This unit uses 2 high-powered speakers to render your music, and it offers an ample storage space.
One of the things we liked about this speaker cooler is that it can really keep your drinks cold. You can store up to 40 beverage cans beside the ice it needs to keep them cold, and it will maintain a low temperature in the insulated compartment for up to 2 days.
The cooler uses 2 speakers to render the music. Both speakers are Bluetooth compatible, but you can also connect your device to the cooler via an Auxiliary cable. Both speakers are powered by an amp placed on the back of the cooler. The amp uses 4 AA batteries for power, and a set of batteries should last for up to 35 hours, depending on the music’s volume.
- Durable – This cooler is made out of stainless steel, so it will withstand anything you put it through.
- Speakers Could Be Louder – Even though the speakers are loud enough to be heard clearly, they’re not exactly suitable for large parties.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Speaker Coolers
Speaker coolers are unlike any other type of cooler you encountered so far. Sure, they can keep your drinks cold, but they can do so much more. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of using these coolers.
- Play Music – The main advantage of using a speaker cooler, and basically the main reason for buying one is that they’re capable of rendering the music.
- Good Cooling Capacity – Speakers units don’t even come near the cooling performance of rotomolded coolers, but some models like the BREKX Party Cooler can still keep your drinks cold for up to 2 days.
- Portable – Many speaker models offer a similar portability to rolling coolers. They use wheels for an improved portability, and you can pull them instead of lifting them. However, some models offer smaller storage capacities, so they come with shoulder straps and handles.
- Rechargeable – Speaker units don’t come with power cables like the electric coolers, but most of them come with rechargeable batteries. The models that don’t have rechargeable batteries use cheap AA batteries for power.
- Versatile – Speaker coolers are versatile. They are most often Bluetooth-compatible, but some models have SD card slots, Auxiliary jacks, and USB slots. This makes them versatile, and it offers you multiple possibilities to connect your gadgets.
- Durable – Speaker units might not be as durable as steel coolers, but some models are rugged, nonetheless. The Recoil Audio Cooler, for example, can even double as a chair when necessary, and it will support weights of up to 250 lbs.
- Limited Battery Life – It doesn’t matter if they use a rechargeable battery or changeable ones, a fact is certain. At some point or another, the speakers will run out of batteries, so the speaker cooler will lose its purpose.
- Vulnerable To Water – The coolers’ speakers are usually connected to an amp via cables for power. The speakers, the amp, and the cables are susceptible for damage if they get wet, so you will have to be careful to protect the coolers around pools when you’re going to the beach, and even when it’s raining. It’s true that some models like the Recoil Audio Cooler are waterproof, but that doesn’t mean it will handle more than a few drops of water at a time.
- Pricey – Most speaker coolers come at a higher price than other cooler models that offer the same storage capacity. And while the speakers can really be helpful when you’re going to the beach or lounging by a pool, you might want to consider if they’re worth the price difference.
- Vulnerable To Damage – Since the speakers are connected to an amp through cables, the cables represent a weak spot. Every time you pack the cooler, you have to be careful not to damage the cables, lest you break them.
When Should You Use A Speaker Cooler?
Speaker coolers can be useful in many scenarios. Let’s take a quick look at some of them.
- Pool Parties – Pool parties are a great way to cool off on the hot summer nights, and a speaker cooler can be the perfect accessory for this kind of party. Fill it up with ice and beer, call your friends, and you’re ready to go. You can connect your phone to the cooler and blast the music all night long. And the best thing is, you can pack your cooler like a pro and impress everyone there.
- Kids’ Parties – Throwing your own kids’ parties is a great way to save some money and to surprise your guests. Using a speaker cooler for your kids’ parties will make your job easier because it will allow you to place the cooler wherever you think the music will be needed. Moreover, it will also allow you to separate the kids’ drinks from the adult ones, and keep the children away from the fridge.
- Beach Going – Beach-going is a very healthy habit. Just being beside the sea can offer multiple benefits. And when you have music and cold beverages close at hand, everything seems better, doesn’t it? Using a speaker cooler will allow you to play music and keep your drinks cold at the same time.
- Barbeques – Barbeques are healthy, but they can also be fun. Since you’re spending time outside, take a speaker cooler with you, fill it up with beer and sodas, turn on the music and have a blast. Not only will you delight your guests with the delicious food, but you will also impress them with the lovely atmosphere.
BEST COOLERS WITH SPEAKERS COMPARISON CHART
|Bellino Bluetooth Cooler||$||600D polyester||up to 24 cans||7.5 x 11.5 x 12"||4 pounds|
|Coolest Cooler Speaker Cooler||$$$$$||Stainless Steel Axle and Hinges / Aluminum Telescoping Handle||55 Quart||24 x 19 x 17"||29 pounds|
|Tunes2Go Portable Speaker Cooler||$$$$||Heavy-duty wheels, long telescoping handle||48 cans||26.2 x 18.5 x 19"||31.6 pounds|
|Recoil Audio Cooler||$$$||Built-in leak-resistant drain / Molded-in cup and phone holders||48 cans||22 x 19.5 x 14.5"||20 pounds|
|Arctic Zone Speaker Cooler||$$||Deep Freeze® high performance insulation||up to 24 cans||12 x 10.5 x 15"||1.9 pounds|
|BREKX Party Cooler||$$$||Stainless steel||up to 40 cans||22 x 18 x 17"||22 pounds|
As you could see, coolers with built-in speakers can be really helpful in multiple situations. They keep your drinks cold, and they also provide the necessary entertainment for a social gathering.
The best cooler with speakers models is so popular because they can do something else besides keeping your drinks cold. When you’re using another type of coolers, your options are limited. You can only use it to keep your drinks cold, put your drinks on them, and eventually sit on them if they can support your weight. But that’s about it. You’re basically spending money on an insulated box.
However, a speaker cooler can also provide the entertainment for the night. Load it up with drinks, connect it to your smartphone, and blast the music. You don’t really need anything besides this and some friendly conversation to call your night a win.